Pippin is a Haflinger pony born and raised in Washington State. He’s competed and performed throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
Born in June 2000, Pip was bred by Southern City Haflingers (Suki M&B x Wynston M&B). He’s registered Waidring SCH with the American Haflinger Registry and stands 14 hands tall.
Pip grew up at Nayborly Farms and was trained by Chesna Klimek and Kelsy Smith. He loves to meet new people, delight crowds, and compete successfully in multiple disciplines, often against horses much larger than him.
- Earned WE United silver medal in working equitation with rider Becky Mathews (Summer 2018)
- Earned United States Dressage Federation bronze medal with rider Becky Mathews (Summer 2018)
- Performer at BreyerFest at the Kentucky Horse Park in Mexington, KY (July 2016)
- Performer at the Washingon State Horse Expo in Ridgefield, WA (February 2016)
- Intermediate-level Working Equitation National Champion at Haras Cup in Magnolia, TX (October 2015)
- CIC1* dressage test ride at Aspen Farms Horse Trials (June 2015)
- Performer at the Washington State Horse Expo (February 2015)
- Earned a United States Dressage Federation silver medal for successfully competing at 4th level and FEI Prix St. Georges dressage with rider Chesna Klimek (Summer 2012)
- Winner of the Extreme Cowboy Race in Lynden, WA; qualifying him for the World Championships (November 2012)
- Winner of the All Breed Challenge in Albany, OR (March 2012)
- Performer at the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo (March 2012)
- Passed C3 Pony Club rating with rider Kristi Cetak (July 2012)
- United States Eventing Association Area VII Champion at Training level; the only pony in the Championship class and the only Haflinger in the U.S. at the time to have won a Training level three-day event. (Summer 2010)
- Featured on websites and in print publications including the cover of the nationally distributed magazine, Haflinger Horses.
Pip has an extensive show history in multiple disciplines under several riders. Ex: Pip has placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd at every one-day or three-day event he has entered under three different riders, won all USDF 4th level classes he entered in his first season showing at recognized dressage shows, and has won every schooling event derby he’s entered. He was the winner of the 3’3″ Jumpernite jumpers series in 2009/10.
If you are interested in having Pippin represent your product or service, please contact me.